Sunday 4 June 2017

Hey Dude

My step brother has a big birthday coming up and will be celebrating whilst away on holiday so thought I best get his card done ahead of time so it can be sneaked along with my niece. This image was a freebie but can't for the likes of remember who it is by (sorry) but somehow reminded me of my step brother. Think its more the hands position when he gets dancing at family parties hope he sees the funny side.

 

I coloured him with promarkers in the loudest way I could well it will be their summer holiday with hopefully loads of sunshine.I then fussy cut him out. My base for him I made with some of my new distress inks its a bit patchy as I am very much still a novice and haven't quite mastered the blending milaki yet but once my man was positioned it looked ok. 


The sentiment is from a mix of dies , a happy birthday background die from poppystamps and a sissix die for the 'Dude'. The 50 is a peel-off coloured with the same promarker, think I ought to put some number dies on my wish list too. I used Dude not because I'm hip or talk like that but to put brother on my card as I normally would just didn't feel right with the image. I decided to tilt all the characters slightly as I wanted to give the feeling of movement as my guy walks across the beach, maybe he has his hand up to stop him walking into stuff as he obviously needs a haircut doesn't he?



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

crafty creations -anything goes

As you like it -favourite kind of card to make
(birthdays as you can personalise them and they will always be different from any of the rest)

Craft Rocket - for men/boys

Dies R us -masculine

Pearly Sparkles -masculine


4 crafty chicks -birthdays

Everybody Art -anything goes

Die cuttin divas - anything goes

Art Impressions -white space is nice space

creative fingers -anything goes

A gem of a challenge -any male image

9 comments:

Seija said...

A realy funny Image, wonderful Card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at EAC. Michi

Tracy Freeman said...

Such a fun card and image, I bet he will love it.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Alex said...

This image is really funny. Your brother will love it.
Thanks for playing along with our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

Hugs
Alex
*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#38 – For a boy / man}
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#6 – Early summer}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Elizabeth Hart said...

Fun and so humorous - love that image. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Nance said...

A very fun, masculine card! Nice coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Karen Day said...

Great card! I bet your brother loves it! I especially like the sentiment :o) Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

fun card
cheers from california
bibiana
DT language blogs for memory box

Annette said...

Fabulously fun card.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
In The Pink Challenge
Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.

Crafty Pearly said...

Such a great make... Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles. Hugs Traci DT xx