Friday 21 July 2017

summertime birthday blooms


Another summer birthday card, and as many of you probably know if you visit my blog I don't do girly girly cards so this flower die is a step up for me. I have some girly stamps and that's generally how I make a girly car and though I have tried to add flowers and ribbons to make more girly I always feel the end product looks a bit like a badly travelled pizza. 

I started with a distress ink background I'm slowly getting the hang I think and decided on blues and greens for my colours in a gradient style.


I then added some white die cut flowers  antillles  floral stem from memory box, they do have a bordr die but I only have the stem but decided to make a border of my own. I cut the stem 3 times and laid them across the base of my background., which I had trimmed to fit onto a white base card leaving a small border. 



For the sentiment I stamped in versamark and embossed with white powder on vellum and cut it to fit across the bottom of the card with the sentiment to one side. I finished by adding some blue  and green rain drop gems . For me a girly card.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Craft rocket -anything goes

creative inspirations - anything goes

My time to craft -in the garden


Creatalicious - anything goes optional summer

A bit more time to craft - anything goes

crafty creations -anything goes



4 comments:

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card and background thanks for sharing with creatalicious Rachel DT

Wendy L said...

Wonderful card, great design, thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket. Xxx

Cazro said...

Your card is so beautiful, I love the colours and the CAS style. Lovely. Thanks for joining us at MTTC. Caz DT.

Kathy Barnett said...

What a pretty birthday card. Anyone would love to receive this card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges, #346 Anything Goes. We look forward in seeing what you create for our next challenge. Good Luck with the Challenge. Kathy, CCC DT