Monday 16 April 2018

Guest designer challenge 2 for house mouse and friends

Welcome to my 2nd post as a HMAF guest designer hope you are all going to join in by popping across here.
The challenge this time is lets eat, and I chose to make the earliest festive card I think I have ever made using one of the CD images. I think these wee mice eating candy canes or as we would call them in the UK peppermint canes are so cute and as the weather here has been a mix of wintery and Spring it was easy to make on one of the dull and dreary days and believe it was a dull November .December day not early April when I made it.


I mounted the image on gold mirri-card for my focal image.

I decided to keep my colour palette simple and used a white base card dressed with some red patterned mirri-card offset against some embossed white centura pearl card embossed with snowflakes using a crafter's companion  3D embossing folder. 
I didn't add another sentiment as the canes the mice are eating
 spell the word JOY  so I didn't think it needed anything else.


Hope you'll all pop along to Housemouse and join in the fun


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Fab n funky - cute critters

A bit more time to craft -anything goes


7 comments:

Diane said...

Such a happy trio on your fabulous christmas card Julyes, its funny I'm in UK but still call them candy canes !!

hugs Diane xx

Barbara Godden said...

The image is adorable, and coloured beautifully, love that you made them the star of the card. P.S. I make Christmas all year long.

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card and so lovely image for your Christmas card collection.. thanks for being our GD again.xx 💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Dorte said...

Such a sweet Christmas card, Julyes...love the CAS look.
Dorte xx

Christine said...

Hi Julye love this adorable cute take on the option theme lovely Guest Designer card.

Smiles Christine xx

Helen said...

This is adorable - what a gorgeous card!
Helen x

Sue from Oregon said...

Adorable...love that fancy touch of gold too! ♥ Sue Kment